Data Mining for Fuzzy Decision Tree Structure with a Genetic Program
A resource manager (RM), a fuzzy logic based expert system, has been developed. The RM automatically allocates resources in real-time over many dissimilar agents. A new data mining algorithm that uses a genetic program, an algorithm that evolves other computer programs, as a data mining function has been developed to evolve fuzzy decision trees for the resource manager. It not only determines the fuzzy decision tree structure it also creates fuzzy rules while mining scenario databases. The genetic program’s structure is discussed as well as the terminal set, function set, the operations of cross-over and mutation, and the construction of the database used for data mining. Finally, an example of a fuzzy decision tree generated by this algorithm is discussed.
KeywordsData Mining Fuzzy Logic Genetic Program Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Membership Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schleher, D. C.: Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Boston (1999) Chapter 1Google Scholar
- 2.Molina Lopez, J.M., Jimenez Rodriguez, F.J., Casar Corredera, J.R.: Symbolic Processing for Coordinated Task Management in Multiradar Surveillance Networks in Fusion98, Proceedings of the International Conference on Multisource-Multisensor Information Fusion, Vol. II, CSREA Press, Las Vegas (1998) 725–732Google Scholar
- 3.Tsoukalas, L.H,. Uhrig, R.E.: Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering, John Wiley and Sons, New York (1997) Chapter 5Google Scholar
- 4.Bigus, J.P.: Data Mining with Neural Nets, McGraw-Hill, New York (1996) Chapter 1Google Scholar
- 5.Holland, J. H.: Hidden Order How Adaptation Builds Complexity, Perseus Books, Reading (1995) 1–15Google Scholar
- 6.Zimmerman, H. J.: Fuzzy Set Theory and its Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Boston (1991) 11Google Scholar
- 7.Smith III, J.F, Rhyne, II, R.: A Resource Manager for Distributed Resources: Fuzzy Decision Trees and Genetic Optimization in Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IC-AI’99, Vol. II, CSREA Press, Las Vegas (1999) 669–675Google Scholar
- 8.Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading (1989)Google Scholar
- 9.Smith III, J.F., Rhyne II, R. D.: Fuzzy logic resource manager: tree structure and optimization in Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion, and Target Recognition X, Vol. 4380, SPIE Proceedings, Orlando (2001) 312–323Google Scholar
- 11.Smith III, J.F.: Genetic Program Based Data Mining, NRL Formal Report, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington D.C. 20375-5000, to be published, 2003.Google Scholar