A Novel Superscalar Architecture for Fast DCT Implementation
This paper presents a new superscalar architecture for fast discrete cosine transform (DCT). Comparing with the general SIMD architecture, it speeds up the DCT computation by a factor of two at the cost of small additional hardware overheads.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Hilgenstock, et al., “A video signal processor for MIMD multiprocessing”, Proceedings of Design Automation Conference, 1998, pp. 50–55.Google Scholar
- R. B. Lee, “multimedia extensions for general-purpose processors”, IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems, 1997, pp. 9–23Google Scholar
- A. N. Netravali and B. G. Haskell, “Digital Pictures,-Representation, Compression, and Standards”, Plenum Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- Zhang Yong, “Research on Video Encoder Design”, Ph. D. Dissertation, Zhejiang University, 1999.Google Scholar
- D. A. Patterson, J. L. Hennessy, “Computer Architecture a Quantitative Approach”, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 1996.Google Scholar