A Java Applet to Visualize Algorithms on Reconfigurable Mesh
Recently, many efficient parallel algorithms on the reconfigurable mesh have been developed. How ever, it is not easy to understand the behavior of a reconfigurable mesh. This is mainly because the bus topology can change dynamically during the execution of algorithm. In this work, we have developed JRM, a Java applet for visualizing parallel algorithm on the reconfigurable mesh to help on understanding and evaluating it. This applet accepts an algorithm written in C-like language and displays the behavior of it graphically. It also displays much information to evaluate the exact performance of an algorithm. Because this software has been developed as a Java applet, it can run on any operating system with standard web browser.
KeywordsParallel Algorithm Local Memory Binary Sequence Java Virtual Machine Algorithm Visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. L. Bordim, T. Watanabe, K. Nakano, and T. Hayashi, A Tool for Algorithm Visualization on the Reconfigurable Mesh, Proceedings of ISPAN’99, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.J.-W. Jang, and V. K. Prasanna, An Optimal Sorting Algorithm on Reconfigurable Mesh, Proceedings of 6th International Parallel Processing Symposium, pp. 130–137, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Miyashita, Y. Shimizu, and R. Hashimoto, A Visualization System for Algorithms on PARBS, Proceedings of International Conference on Computers and Information Technology (ICCIT), pp. 215–219, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Nakano, T. Masuzawa, and N. Tokura, A Sub-logarithmic Time Sorting on a Reconfigurable Array, IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, E-74-D, Vol. 11, pp. 3894–3901, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Steckel, M. Middendorf, H. ElGindy, and H. Schmeck, A Simulator for the Reconfigurable Mesh Architecture, IPPS/SPDP’98 Workshops, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1388, Springer-Verlag, pp. 99–104, 1998.Google Scholar