SiteLang: Conceptual Modeling of Internet Sites
Internet information services are developed everywhere. Such services include content generation and functionality support which has to be modeled in a consistent way. Within our projects we developed a methodology resulting in a language SiteLang which allows specification of information services based on the concepts of the story and interaction spaces as well as media objects.
The specification can be automatically mapped to implementations.
KeywordsInformation Service Media Object Abstract State Machine Representation Style Individual Request
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ABS00]S. Abiteboul, P. Buneman, D. Suciu, Data on the web. Morgan Kaufmann Publs., San Francisco, 1998.Google Scholar
- [CFP99]S. Ceri, P. Fraternali, S. Paraboschi, Data-driven, one-to-one web site generation for data-intensive applications. VLDB 1999, 615–626.Google Scholar
- [FeT99]T. Feyer, B. Thalheim, E/R based scenario modeling for rapid prototyping of web information services. Proc. Workshops on Advances in Conceptual Modeling, LNCS 1727, Springer, 1999, 243–263.Google Scholar
- [FLe98]J. Fleming, Web navigation — Designing the user experience. O’Reilly, Sebastopol, 1998.Google Scholar
- [FOS00]T. Feyer, K. Odey, K.-D. Schewe, B. Thalheim, Design of data-intensive webbased information services. Proc. 1st Intern. Conf. on Web Information Systems Engineering, WISE’2000, Hong Kong (China), June 19–21, 2000.Google Scholar
- [FST98]T. Feyer, K.-D. Schewe, B. Thalheim, Conceptual design and development of information services. Proc. ER’98, LNCS 1507, Springer 1998, 7–20Google Scholar
- [GST00]D. Goldin, S. Srinivasa, B. Thalheim, IS = DBS + interaction — towards principles of information systems. Proc. ER’2000, LNCS 1920, Springer, Berlin, 2000, 140–153.Google Scholar
- [GSV00]N. Güell, D. Schwabe, P. Vilain, Modeling interactions and navigation in web applications. ER Workshops 2000, LNCS 1921, Springer, 2000, 115–127.Google Scholar
- [GuM97]Gurevich, Y. May, 1997 Draft of the ASM Guide. Technical Report, Univ. of Michigan EECS Department, CSE-TR-336-97.Google Scholar
- [Lew00]J. Lewerenz, Human-computer interaction in heterogeneous and dynamic environments: A framework for its conceptual modelling and automatic customization. PhD, BTU Cottbus, Cottbus, 2000.Google Scholar
- [MMA99]G. Mecca, P. Merialdo, P. Atzeni, ARANEUS in the Era of XML. IEEE Data Engineering Bullettin, Special Issue on XML, September, 1999.Google Scholar
- [Pae98]B. Paech, Aufgabenorientierte Softwareentwicklung. Springer, Berlin, 1998.Google Scholar
- [RSL00]G. Rossi, D. Schwabe, F. Lyardet, User interface patterns for hypermedia application. Advanced Visual Interfaces 2000, 136–142.Google Scholar
- [ScT00]K.-D. Schewe, B. Thalheim, Conceptual development of internet sites. Fullday tutorial, ER’2000, Salt Lake City, 2000, 470 slides, 10 demos.Google Scholar
- [Sri01]S. Srinivasa, A calculus of fixpoints for characterizing interactive behavior of information systems. PhD, BTU Cottbus, Cottbus, 2001.Google Scholar
- [Tha00]B. Thalheim, Entity-relationship modeling — Fundamentals of database technology. Springer, Berlin, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Tha00’]B. Thalheim, Readings in fundamentals of interaction in information systems. Reprint, BTU-Cottbus (2000) (http://www.informatik.tucottbus. de/∼thalheim).
- [Tha01]B. Thalheim, ASM specification of internet information services. Proc. Eurocast2001, Las Palmas, 2001, 301–304.Google Scholar