Constraint Generation via Automated Theory Formation
Adding constraints to a basic CSP model can significantly reduce search,e.g. for Golomb rulers . The generation process is usually performed by hand, although some recent work has focused on automatically generating symmetry breaking constraints and (less so)on generating implied constraints . We describe an approach to generating implied,symmetry breaking and specialisation constraints and apply this technique to quasigroup construction .
KeywordsLeft Identity Constraint Programming Constraint Generation Balance Incomplete Block Design Constraint Logic Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S Colton.Automated Theory ormation in Pure Mathematics. PhD thesis,Division of Informatics,University of Edinburgh,2001.Google Scholar
- 2.S Colton, A Bundy,and T Walsh.HR:Automatic concept formation in pure mathematics. In Proceddings of the 16th IJCAI,pages 786–791,1999.Google Scholar
- 3.S Colton and I Miguel.Automatic generation of implied and induced constraints. Te hnical Report APES-32-2001,APES Research Group,2001. Available from http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~apes/apesreports.html.
- 4.J Crawford. A theoretical analysis of reasoning by symmetry in first-order logic. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Tractable Reasoning,AAAI, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.A Frisch, I Miguel,and T Walsh.Extensions to proof planning for generating implied constraints. In Proceedings of the 9th Symposium on the Integration of Symbolic Computation and Mechanized Reasoning, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.P Galinier, B Jaumard, R Morales,and G Pesant.A constraint-based approach to the Golomb ruler problem. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Integration of AI and ORTechniques (CPAIOR-01),2001.Google Scholar
- 7.F Laburthe and the OCRE group.Choco:implementing a CP kernel. In Proceedings of the CP00 Post Conference Workshop on Techniques for Implementing Constraint programming Systems (TRICS),2000.Google Scholar
- 8.W McCune.The OTTER user’ s guide.Technical Report ANL/90/9,Argonne National Laboratories,1990.Google Scholar