Interaction of Constraint Programming and Local Search for Optimisation Problems
In this paper we show, for the specific problem of test pattern optimisation, that adapting constraint propagation with results obtained from local search outperforms the use of each of these techniques alone. We show that a tool we developed to solve this problem using such approach with multivalued logics achieves better results than those obtained with a highly efficient tool based on an integer linear programming formulation over a SAT model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Simonis. Test Generation using the Constraint Logic Programming Language CHIP, 6th Int. Conf. on Logic Programming, MIT Press, 101–112, 1989.Google Scholar
- S. Hellebrand, B. Reeb, S. Tarnick and H.-J. Wunderlich. Pattern Generation for a Deterministic BIST Scheme, Int. Conf. on Computer-Aided Design, 1995.Google Scholar
- Paulo F. Flores, Horácio C. Neto, Krishnendu Chakrabarty and João P. Marques-Silva. A Model and Algorithm for Computing Minimum-Size Test Patterns, in IEEE European Test Workshop (ETW), 147–148, May 1998.Google Scholar
- Paulo F. Flores, Horácio C. Neto and João P. Marques-Silva. An Exact Solution to the Minimum-Size Test Pattern Problem, in IEEE/ACM Int. Ws on Logic Synthesis (IWLS), 452–470, 1998.Google Scholar
- ECRC, ECLiPSe user manual and extensions, Technical Report, ECRC, 1994.Google Scholar
- Programming Systems Group of the Swedish Institute of Computer Science. SICStus Prolog User’s Manual, 1995.Google Scholar
- ISCAS. Special Session on ATPG, IEEE Symp. Circuits and Systems, 1985.Google Scholar
- H. K. Lee and D. S. Ha, On the Generation of Test Patterns for Combinational Circuits, Technical Report No. 12_93, Department of Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1993.Google Scholar