Modelisation of Timed Automata in Coq
This paper presents the modelisation of a special class of timed automata, named p-automata in the proof assistant Coq. This work was performed in the framework of the CALIFE project1 which aims to build a general platform for specification, validation and test of critical algorithms involved in telecommunications. This paper does not contain new theoretical results but explains how to combine and adapt known techniques in order to build an environment dedicated to a class of problems. It emphasizes the specific features of Coq which have been used, in particular dependent types and tactics based on computational reflection.
KeywordsDecision Procedure Theorem Prove Recursive Function Intuitionistic Logic Label Transition System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Alur and D. Dill. A theory of timed automata. Theoretical Computer Science, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Beffara, O. Bournez, H. Kacem, and C. Kirchner. Verification of timed automata using rewrite rules and strategies. http://www.loria.fr/~kacem/AT/timedautomata.ps.gz, 2001.
- 4.B. Bérard, L. Fribourg, F. Klay, and J.-F. Monin. A compared study of two correctness proofs for the standardized algorithm of abr conformance. Formal Methods in System Design, 2001. To appear.Google Scholar
- 5.Samuel Boutin. Using reflection to build efficient and certified decision procedures. In Takahashi Ito and Martin Abadi, editors, TACS’97, volume 1281. LNCS, Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Castéran and D. Rouillard. Reasoning about parametrized automata. In 8th International Conference on Real-Time System, 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.C. Paulin & E. Freund. Timed automata and the generalised abr protocol. Contribution to the Coq system, 2000. http://coq.inria.fr.
- 11.L. Fribourg. A closed-form evaluation for extended timed automata. Research Report LSV-98-2, Lab. Specification and Verification, ENS de Cachan, Cachan, France, March 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Graf and H. Saidi. Verifying invariants using theorem proving. In 8th Conf on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV’96), volume 1102 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, New Brunswick, NJ, USA, July 1996. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 13.E. L. Gunter. Adding external decision procedures to hol90 securely. In Jim Grundy and Malcolm Newey, editors, Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics 11th International Conference (TPHOLs’98), volume 1479 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Canberra, Australia, Springer-Verlag, September 1998.Google Scholar
- 14.T. Henzinger, P.-F. Ho, and H. Wong-Toi. A user guide to HYTECH. In TACAS’95, volume 1019 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 41–71, 1995.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Hirschkoff. A full formalisation of the ?-calculus theory in the Calculus of Constructions. In E. Gunter and A. Felty, editors, Theorem Proving in Higher-Order Logics, volume 1275 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- 16.F. Honsell, M. Miculan, and I. Scagnetto. Picalculus in (co)inductive type theories. Technical report, Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica, Universita’ di Udine, 1998.Google Scholar
- 18.J.-F. Monin and F. Klay. Correctness proof of the standardized algorithm for ABR conformance. In Formal Methods’99, volume 1708 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 662–681. Springer-Verlag, 1999.Google Scholar
- 19.S. Owre, S. Rajan, J.M. Rushby, N. Shankar, and M.K. Srivas. PVS: Combining specification, proof checking, and model checking. In Rajeev Alur and Thomas A. Henzinger, editors, Computer-Aided Verification, CAV’ 96, volume 1102 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 411–414, New Brunswick, NJ, July/August 1996. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 21.M. Rusinowitch, S. Stratulat, and F. Klay. Mechanical verification of a generic incremental ABR conformance algorithm. In 12th Int. Conf. Computer Aided Verification (CAV’00), volume 1855 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Chicago, IL, USA, July 2000. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 22.C. Sprenger. A verified model-checker for the modal μ-calculus in Coq. In TACAS’98, volume 1384 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Lisbon, Portugal, 1998. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 23.The Coq Development Team. The Coq Proof Assistant Reference Manual-Version V7.0, April 2001. http://coq.inria.fr.
- 24.K. N. Verma. Reflecting symbolic model checking in coq. M’emoire de dea, DEA Programmation, September 2000. http://www.lsv.enscachan. fr/Publis/PAPERS/Ver-dea2000.ps.
- 25.K. N. Verma, J. Goubault-Larrecq, S. Prasad, and S. Arun-Kumar. Reflecting bdds in coq. In 6th Asian Computing Science Conference (ASIAN’2000), volume 1961 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 162–181. Springer-Verlag, November 2000.Google Scholar
- 26.S. Yu and Z. Luo. Implementing a model-checker for LEGO. In J. Fitzgerald, C. B. Jones, and P. Lucas, editors, FME’97, volume 1313 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 442–458, September 1997.Google Scholar