Demonstration of an Automated Integrated Testing Environment for CTI Systems
We demonstrate the Integrated Testing Environment, ITE, an environment for automated and integrated testing at system level. A companion paper  describes the problem of systems integrated testing in its conceptual application modelling focus. Here and in , the concept’s implementation is exemplified in case of automated integrated testing of a Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) system. The CTI system consists of a switch, an automatic call distributor, and a suite of applications forming a call center and supporting the tasks of a center’s human agent, e.g., applications that enable an agent to log-on/log-off at the call distributor, or to initiate conference calls with other agents.
KeywordsModel Checker Call Center Test Block Test Tool Test Graph
- 1.S. Gladstone: Testing Computer Telephony Systems and Networks, Telecom Books, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.B. Steffen, T. Margaria, V. Braun, N. Kalt: Hierarchical Service Definition, Annual Review of Communic., Vol. 51, Int. Engineering Consortium, Chicago, 1997, pp.847–856.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Margaria, B. Steffen: Backtracking-free Design Planning by Automatic Synthesis in METAFrame Proc. FASE’98, Int. Conf. on Fundamental Aspects of Software Engineering, Lisbon, LNCS 1382, Springer Verlag, 1998, pp.188–204.Google Scholar
- 4.O. Niese, B. Steffen, T. Margaria, A. Hagerer, G. Brune, H.-D. Ide: Library-based Design and Consistency Checking of System-level Industrial Test Cases, FASE 2001, this volume.Google Scholar
- 5.O. Niese, T. Margaria, A. Hagerer, M. Nagelmann, B. Steffen, G. Brune, H.-D. Ide: An Automated Testing Environment for CTI Systems Using Concepts for Specification and Verification of Workflows, accepted for publication in Annual Review of Communic., Vol. 54, Int. Engineering Consortium, Chicago, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.Rational, Inc.: The Rational Suite description, http://www.rational.com/products.