Generalized Oblivious Transfer Protocols Based on Noisy Channels
The main cryptographic primitives (Bit Commitment (BC) and Oblivious Transfer (OT) protocols) based on noisy channels have been considered in F for asymptotic case. Non-asymptotic behavior of BC protocol has been demonstrated in . The current paper provides stricter asymptotic conditions on Binary Symmetric Channel (BSC) to be feasible OT protocol proposed in . We also generalize this protocol using different encoding and decoding methods that require to regain formulas for Renyi entropy. Nonasymptotic case (finite length of blocks transmitted between parties) is also presented. Some examples are given to demonstrate that these protocols are in fact reliable and information-theoretically secure. We also discuss the problem — how to extend ( 1/2)-OT protocol to (1 L)-OT protocol and how to arrange BSC connecting parties. Both BC and OT protocols can be used as components of more complex and more important for practice protocols like “Digital cash”, “Secure election” or “Distance bounding”.
KeywordsError Probability Cryptographic Protocol Noisy Channel Base Protocol Oblivious Transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Crepeau, C.: Efficient Cryptographic Protocols Based on Noisy Channels. Proc. Eurocrypt’97. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 1233, 306–317Google Scholar
- 2.Korjik, V., Morozov, K.: Non-asymptotic bit commitment protocol based on noisy channels, 20 Biennal Symposium on Communications Department of Electrical and Computing Engineering Queen’s University, Proc. Kingston, Canada (2000) 74–78Google Scholar
- 3.Schneier, B.: Applied Cryptography. John Wiley (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Stinson, D.R.: Universal hashing and authentication codes. Advances in Cryptology, Proc. of Crypto’ 91. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 576. (1999) 74–85Google Scholar
- 8.Klove, T., Korjik, V.: Error Detecting Codes. Kluwer (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Mac Williams, F.J. and Sloan, N.J.A.: The theory of error-correcting codes. New-York: North-Holland (1977)Google Scholar