Latent Learning and Action Planning in Robots with Anticipatory Classifier Systems
- 675 Downloads
Two applications of Anticipatory Classifier Systems (ACS) in robotics are discussed. The first one is a simulation of an experiment about latent learning in rats with a mobile robot. It shows that an ACS is able to learn latently, i.e. in the absence of environmental reward and that ACS can do action planning. The second one is about learning of the hand-eye coordination of a robot arm in conjunction with a camera. Goal-directed learning will be introduced. This combination of action planning and latent learning leads to a substantial reduction of the number of trials which are required to learn a complete model of a prototypical environment.
KeywordsAction Planning Mobile Robot Exploration Phase Learn Classifier System Latent Learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Birk, Andreas (1995). Stimulus Response Lernen. Dissertation. University of Saarbruecken. Germany.Google Scholar
- 2.Butz, M., Goldberg, D., & Stolzmann, W. (1999). New Challenges for an Anticipatory Classifier System: Some Hard Problems and Possible Solutions. IlliGAL Report No. 99019. Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignGoogle Scholar
- 3.Croake, J. W. (1971). Unrewarded exploration and maze learning. Psychological Reports, 1971, 29, 1335–1340.Google Scholar
- 4.Hoffmann, Joachim (1993). Vorhersage und Erkenntnis. Göttingen: Hogrefe.Google Scholar
- 5.Michel, Olivier (1998). Webots-User Guide. Cyberbotics (http://www.cyberbotics.com)
- 6.Riolo, Rick L. (1991). Lookahead planning and latent learning in a classifier system. In Meyer, J.A., and Wilson, S. W. (editors.). From Animals to Animats: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. 316–326.Google Scholar
- 8.Stolzmann, Wolfgang (1997). Antizipative Classifier Systeme-PhD Dissertation. Fachbereich Mathematik /Informatik. University of Osnabrueck. Aachen: Shaker Verlag.Google Scholar
- 9.Stolzmann, Wolfgang (1998). Anticipatory Classifier Systems. In Koza, John R. et al. (editors). Genetic Programming 1998: Proceedings of the Third Annual Conference, July 22–25, 1998, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin. San Francisco, CA: Morgan Kaufmann. 658–664.Google Scholar
- 10.Stolzmann, Wolfgang (2000). An Introduction to Anticipatory Classifier Systems. In Lanzi, Stolzmann, Wilson Learning Classifier Systems: An Introduction to Contemporary Research. Pagg. 175–194. LNAI 1813. Springer, Berlin (This Volume)Google Scholar