DMPL: An OpenMP DLL Debugging Interface
OpenMP is a widely adopted standard for threading directives across compiler implementations. The standard is very successful since it provides application writers with a simple, portable programming model for introducing shared memory parallelism into their codes. However, the standards do not address key issues for supporting that programming model in development tools such as debuggers. In this paper, we present DMPL, an OpenMP debugger interface that can be implemented as a dynamically loaded library. DMPL is currently being considered by the OpenMP Tools Committee as a mechanism to bridge the development tool gap in the OpenMP standard.
KeywordsCallback Function OpenMP Directive OpenMP Implementation Shared Memory Parallelism OpenMP Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.OpenMP Architecture Review Board: OpenMP Fortran Application Program Interface, Version 2.0. OpenMP Architecture Review Board (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.OpenMP Architecture Review Board: OpenMP C and C++ Application Program Interface, Version 2.0. OpenMP Architecture Review Board (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Mohr, B., Malony, A.D., Hoppe, H.C., Schlimbach, F., Haab, G., Hoefflinger, J., Shah, S.: A Performance Monitoring Interface for OpenMP. In Proceedings of the Fourth European Workshop on OpenMP (EWOMP 2002). Rome (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Etnus LLC: TotalView Reference Guide, Version 6.0. Etnus LLC (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Cownie, J., Gropp, W.: A Standard Interface for Debugger Access to Message Queue Information in MPI. Sixth European PVM/MPI Users’ Group Meeting. (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Carlson, W.W., Draper, J.M., Culler, D.E., Yelick, K., Brooks, E., Warren, K.: Introduction to UPC and Language Specification. Technical Report CCS-TR-99-157, Institute for Defense Analysis, Center for Computer Sciences, Bowie, Maryland (1999)Google Scholar