An Effective Algorithm for the Peptide De Novo Sequencing from MS/MS Spectrum
- 486 Downloads
The determination of the amino acid sequence of a peptide from its MS/MS spectrum is an important task in proteomics. The determination without the help of a protein database is called the de novo sequencing, which is especially useful in the identification of unknown proteins. Many studies on the de novo sequencing problem have been done but none proves to be practical. In this paper, we define a new model for this problem, and provide a sophisticated dynamic programming algorithm to solve it. Experiments on real MS/MS data demonstrated that the algorithm works very well on QTof MS/MS data.
KeywordsPeptide Sequencing Score Function Tandem Mass Spectrum Sequencing Problem Fast Atom Bombardment Mass Spectrometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Fernández de Cossío, J., Gonzales, J., and Besada, V. 1995. A computer program to aid the sequencing of peptides in collision-activated decomposition experiments. CABIOS 11(4), 427–434.Google Scholar
- 6.Hamm, C.W., Wilson, W.E., and Harvan, D.J. 1986. Peptide sequencing program. CABIOS 2, 365.Google Scholar
- 11.Ma, B., Zhang, K., Lajoie, G., Doherty-Kirby, A., Liang, C., and Li, M. 2002. A powerful software tool for the de novo sequencing of peptides from MS/MS data. 50th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics.Google Scholar
- 18.Snyder, A.P. 2000. Interpreting Protein Mass Spectra: A Comprehensive Resource. Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- 21.Yates, J.R., Griffin, P.R., Hood, L.E., and Zhou, J.X. 1991. Computer aided interpretation of low energy MS/MS mass spectra of peptides, 477–485. in J.J. Villafranca ed., Techniques in Protein Chmistry II, Academic Press, San Diego.Google Scholar