A Face Recognition System Based on Local Feature Analysis
In this paper a completely automatic face recognition system is presented. The system is inspired by the elastic bunch graph method, but the fiducial point localization is completely different and does not require any operator intervention. Each fiducial point is characterized applying a bank of filters which extracts the peculiar texture around it (jet). The performances of the steerable Gaussian first derivatives basis filters are compared to the ones of the Gabor wavelet transform, showing similar results when images of faces in approximately the same pose are compared.
KeywordsFace Recognition Face Image Gabor Wavelet Gray Level Image Fiducial Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Campadelli, F. Cusmai, and R. Lanzarotti. A color based method for face detection. Submitted, 2003.Google Scholar
- P. Campadelli and R. Lanzarotti. Localization of facial features and fiducial points. Processings of the International Conference Visualisation, Imaging and image Processing (VIIP2002), Malaga (Spagna), pages 491–495, 2002.Google Scholar
- B. S. Manjunath and R. Chellappa. A feature based approach to face recognition. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pages 373–378, June 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Turk and A. Pentland. Face recognition using eigenfaces. Journal of cognitive neuroscience, 3(1), 1991.Google Scholar
- L. Wiskott, J. Fellous, N. Kruger, and C. von der Malsburg. Face recognition by elastic bunch graph matching. In L.C. Jain et al., editor, Intelligent biometric techniques in fingerprints and face recognition, pages 355–396. CRC Press, 1999.Google Scholar