Localized Authentication Scheme Using AAA in Mobile IPv6
A mobile IPv6 services exposes its vulnerability when a mobile node is roaming across the subnets which belongs to the different domains. The AAA infrastructure is strongly recommended when the ISPs need to authenticate the mobile user come from the different domains. In addition to the basic requirements for AAA service, the authentication latency and AAA message overhead should be minimized for contiguity of the service. This paper considers the roaming service with AAA infrastructure in Mobile IPv6 and proposes the key distribution method to authenticate the mobile node with secure manner by reducing and optimizing the messages exchanged between AAA entities. The effectiveness of the proposed scheme is confirmed using the cost analysis. The result shows at least 50% of performance enhancement.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Dupont, J. Bournelle: AAA for Mobile IPv6, draft-dupont-mipv6-aaa-01.txt, Internet Draft, IETF, Nov, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Pat R. Calhoun, Erik Guttman, Jari Arkko: Diameter Base Protocol, draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-12.txt, Internet Draft, IETF, July,2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Pat R. Calhoun, Tony Johansson, Charles E. Perkins: Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application, draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-11.txt, Internet Draft, IETF, June, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Davied B. Johnson, Charles E. Perkins, Jari Arkko: Mobility Support in IPv6, draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-18.txt, Internet Draft, IETF, June, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE: Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Calhoun, C. Perkins: Mobile IP Network Access Identifier Extension for IPv4, RFC 2794, IETF, March, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.Franck Le, Basavaraj Patil, Charles E. Perkins: Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application, draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-01.txt, Internet Draft, IETF, November, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Pat R. Calhoun, Charles E. Perkins: Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application, Internet draft, Internet Engineer Task Force, November 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.C. Perkins: IP Mobility Support, RFC 2002, Oct. 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Jain, T. Raleigh, C. Graff and M. Bereschinsky: Mobile Internet Access and QoS Guarantees using Mobile IP and RSVP with Location Registers, in Proc. ICC’98 Conf., pp. 1690–1695, Atlanta.Google Scholar
- 11.Thomas, R., H. Gilbert and G. Mazzioto: Influence of the mobile station on the performance of a radio mobile cellular network, Proc. 3rd Nordic Sem., paper 9.4, Copenhagen, Denmark, Sep. 1988.Google Scholar
- 12.L. Kleinrock: Queueing Systems, vol.1. J. Wiley & Sons, 1975.Google Scholar