A Ticket-Based AAA Security Mechanism in Mobile IP Network
This paper deals with an IP based mobility with AAA. In particular the problem of secure and efficient mobility service is investigated for Internet service providers and mobile wireless users. For this aim, in this paper, we propose a novel AAA service mechanism using a ticket that can support authentication and authorization for the mobile node and reduce delay and risk in authenticating a mobile node in Mobile IPv6. The extended AAA infrastructure, AAA Broker model, is also proposed for reducing delay in binding updates. The simulation results show that the use of tickets for a mobile node in AAA model reduces the latency and increases the security efficiency and the AAA Broker model minimizes the latency by reducing the exchange messages.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. E. Perkins: IP Mobility Support, IETF RFC 2002, Oct. (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.J. Vollbrecht, P. Calhoun, S. Farrell, L. Gommans, G. Gross, B. de Bruijn, C. de Latt, M. Holdrege, D. Spence: AAA Authorization Application Examples, IETF RFC 2905, Aug. (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.S. Farrell, J. Vollbrecht, P. Calhoun, L. Gommans, G. Gross, B. de Bruijn, C. de Laat, M. Holdrege, D. Spence: AAA Authorization Requirements, RFC 2906, Aug. (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Glass, T. Hiller, S. Jacobs, C. Perkins: Mobile IP Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Requirements, RFC 2977, Oct. (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Hasan, J. Jähnert, S. Zander, B. Stiller: Authentication, Authorization, Accounting and Charging for the Mobile Internet, Mobile Summit (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Network Simulator version 2 Home page, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/