Secure Source Specific Multicast for Networks Including Mobile Hosts
We propose mechanisms for providing security services for source specific multicast(SSM) in networks including mobile hosts. First we categorize security requirements in SSM applications. Then we present some protocols for building multicast trees, distributing security keys, and sending messages securely in two categories of security requirements: authenticated SSM without rekeying and authenticated SSM with rekeying.
KeywordsSecurity Requirement Mobile Host Home Agent Multicast Tree Multicast Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Deering: Host Extensions for IP Multicasting. IETF RFC 1112, Aug. (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.H. Holbrook, B. Cain: Source-Specific Multicast for IP. IETF Draft, Nov. (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.C. Jelger, T. Noel: Multicast for Mobile hosts in IP Networks: Progress and Challenges. IEEE Wireless Communications, Oct. (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Mittra: Iolus: A Framework for Scalable Secure Multicasting. ACM Sigcomm Conference, (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.C. Wong, M. Gouda, S. Lam: Secure Group Communications using Key Graphs. ACM Sigcomm Conference, (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.C. Shields, J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves: KHIP-A Scalable Protocol for Secure Multicast Routing. ACM Sigcomm Conference, (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.L. Gong, N. Shacham: Multicast Security and its Extension to a Mobile Environment. Wireless Networks, (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.R. Shankaran, V. Varadharajan, M. Hitchens: Secure Multicast Extensions for Mobile Networks. IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.D. Bruschi, E. Rosti: Secure Multicast in Wireless Networks of Mobile Hosts: Protocols and Issues, Mobile Networks and Applications, (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.N. Bhaskar, I. Kouvelas: Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast. IETF Draft, March (2000Google Scholar