Efficient Queuing Management Scheme with Image/Voice/Data Calls for Reducing Blocking Rate in Multimedia Mobile Networks
Channels make use of queuing method for reducing blocking rate of calls in mobile networks. In this paper we propose the queuing model of channel allocation for multiple priority calls which Image/ Voice/Data calls can wait in the queue in the Multimedia Mobile Networks (MMN). The proposed scheme is provided with an analytic model, wherein a three- dimensions Markov process. In numerical results, we can see that the proposed scheme reduces the blocking rate of channel allocation by changing performance parameters such as threshold value, traffic density and mixing ratio of priority traffics.
KeywordsBlocking Probability Channel Allocation Data Call Mobile Communication System Channel Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Beraldi, A. Ierq, “Analysis of Queuing strategies For Handoff and Originating Calls in, Macro/Micro/Pico Cellular Systems”, IEEE pro. 0-7803-2955-4. 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Cobham, “Priorities Assignment in Waiting Line Problem”, Operation Res. NO.2, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.Roch Guerin, “Queuing Blocking System with Two arrival Streams and Guard Channels”, IEEE Trans. on Comm. Feb., 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.T.J. Kahwa and N.D. Georganas, “Hybrid Channel Assignment Scheme in Largescale Cellular Structured Mobile Communication Systems.” IEEE Trans. on Comm. COM-20, PP. 190–195, 1992Google Scholar
- 5.D.Ch Lee, S.J PARK, and J.S Song, “Performance Analysis of Queuing Strategies with Multiple Priorities in Multimedia PCS”, Proc. of CATA-98, ISCA, 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Ch. Lee, S.J Park, and J.S Song, “Efficient Call Admission of Queuing Schemes for Multiple Priorities in Multi-service PCS”, Proc. of ITC-CSCC’98, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.F.N. Pavlzdou, “Mixed Media Cellular Systems”, IEEE Trans. on Comm. Vol. 42 No. 2/3/4. Feb./Mar/Apr.,1994Google Scholar
- 8.F.N. Pavlzdou, “Two-Dimensional Traffic Models For Cellular Model system”, IEEE Trans. on Comm. Vol.42 no. 2/3/4. Feb./Mar/Apr., 1994Google Scholar
- 9.S. Tekinary and B. Jabbari, “A Measurement-Based Prioritization Scheme for Handovers in Mobile Cellular Networks”, IEEE J on Selec. Areas on Comm. Vol 10, No, 8, Nov., 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Wei and B.H. Soong, “Distributed Algorithms for Dynamic Channel Allocation in Cellular Mobile system”, in proc. of INFOCOM’94, PP. 548–551, Apr. 19Google Scholar
- 11.M. Zhang and P. yum, “Comparisons of Channel Assignment Strategies in Cellular Mobile Telephone System”, IEEE Trans. on Veh. Tech., VT-38, NO. 4., NOV., 1990Google Scholar