Collaboration Support for Virtual Data Mining Enterprises
RAMSYS is a web-based infrastructure for collaborative data mining. It is being developed in the SolEuNet European Project for virtual enterprise services in data mining and decision support. Central to RAMSYS is the idea of sharing the current best understanding to foster efficient collaboration. This paper presents the design and rationale of Zeno, a core component of RAMSYS. Zeno is a groupware for discourses on the Internet and, for RAMSYS, aims to provide a “virtual data mining laboratory” to aid data miners in collaboratively producing better solutions to data mining problems.
KeywordsData Mining Action Object Management Committee Virtual Enterprise Data Mining Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adriaans, P, and Zantinge, D., Data Mining, Addison-Wesley, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Chapman, J. Clinton, R. Kerber, T. Khabaza, T. Reinartz, C. Shearer, and R Wirth, CRISP-DM 1.0: Step-by-step data mining guide. CRISP-DM consortium, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Fayyad, U., Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., Smyth, P., and Ramasamy, U. (editors), Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Flanagan, J. Farley, W. Crawford and K. Magnusson: Java Enterprise in a Nutshell-A Desktop Quick Reference. O’Reilly amp;Associates, Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA, 1999 (Chapter 6-JNDI).Google Scholar
- 5.T. F. Gordon, A. Voß, G. Richter, and O. Märker, Zeno: Groupware for Discourses on the Internet, KI-Künstliche Intelligenz, Vol. 15, pp. 43–45, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Jorge, S. Moyle, G. Richter, A. Voß, Zeno for Rapid Collaboration in Data Mining Projects-submitted for publicationGoogle Scholar
- 7.J.-U. Kietz, R. Zücker, and A. Vaduva: Mining Mart: Combining Case-Based-Reasoning and Multi-Strategy Learning into a Framework for Reusing KDDApplications, In: Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Multi-Strategy Learning, Guimarãfes, Editors Brazdil, P. and Michalski R., University of Porto, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Moyle, A. Jorge, and C. Leandro: RACODAMISYS-a methodology and tool for supporting rapid remote collaborative data mining projects, LIACC Technical Report, University of Porto, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Ruhe, F. Bomarius (eds.): Learning Software Organization-Methodology and Applications. Springer-Verlag. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 1756, 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Schäfer with R. Hirschheim et al. (editors), FunctionalA nalysis of Office Requirements: A Multiperspective Approach, John Wiley & Sons, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.SolEuNet: Data Mining and Decision Support for Business Competitiveness: A European Virtual Enterprise. http://soleunet.ijs.si/website/html/euproject.html (as of June 2001).
- 12.What is LDAP? http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html (as of June 2001).
- 13.KOMM!forum. http://www.kommforum.de (as of June 2001).
- 14.WebDAV Resources. http://www.webdav.org/ (as of June 2001).
- 15.Zeno consensus building. http://zeno.gmd.de/MS/index.html (as of June 2001).