Assessment of Maintenance Maturity in IT Departments of Public Entities: Two Case Studies
This paper presents the results of two capability maturity assessments done in two IT Departments belonging to public entities. We investigated their maturity in the Software Maintenance Process. The results obtained and the special characteristics of these organizations (produce, maintain and use its own software) invite us to do several reflections on the adequacy of maturity models to this kind of organizations.
KeywordsService Delivery Service Level Event Management Mented Procedure Software Maintenance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Betiz, A. and Wieczorek (2000). Applying Benchmarking to Learn from Best Practices. Proc. of the International Conference on Product Focused Software Process Improvement (PROFES’2000). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1840, 58–72.Google Scholar
- 2.Niessink, F. and van Vliet, H. (1999). The Vrije Universiteit IT Service Capability Maturity Model. Technical Report IR-463. Release L2-1.0. Faculty of Sciences, Division of Mathematics and Computer Science. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 4.Singer, J. (1998). Practices of Software Maintenance. In Khoshgoftaar and Bennet (eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Maintenance (pp. 139–145). Los Alamitos, California: IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- 5.Kajko-Mattson, M. (2000). Corrective Maintenance Maturity Model. Technical Report No. 00-010. Department of Computer and Systems Sciences (DSV). Stockholm University and Royal Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 6.Kajko-Mattson, M., Westblom, U., Forssander, S., Andersson, G., Medin, M., Ebarasi, S., Fahlgren, T., Johansson, S-E., Törnquist, S. and Holmgren, M. (2001). Taxonomy of Problem Management Activities. Proc. of the Fifth European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR’ 2001). IEEE Computer Society, 1-10.Google Scholar