On Demand Business-to-Business Integration
We develop an agent-based cross-enterprise Workflow Management System (WFMS) which can integrate business processes on user’s demand. In our approach, business processes are wrapped by service agents. Based on users’ requirements, the integration agent contacts the discovery agent to locate appropriate service agents, then negotiates with the service agents about task executions. Ac ost model is proposed which allows the integration agent to update execution plan and integrate service agents dynamically.
KeywordsBusiness Process Service Agent User Agent Execution Plan Execution Schema
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fabio Casati, Ski Ilnicki, Li-Jie Jin, Vasudev Krishnamoorthy, and Ming-Chien Shan. eFlow: a Platform for Developing and Managing Composite e-Services. Technical Report HPL-2000-36, HP Laboratoris Palo Alto, 2000. 416Google Scholar
- 4.D. Georgakopoulos, H. Schuster, A. Cichocki, and D. Baker. Managing process and service fusion in virtual enterprises. Information System, Special Issue on Information System Support for Electronic Commerce, 24(6):429–456, 1999. 416Google Scholar
- 5.M. Huhns and M. Singh, editors. Internet-Based Agents, IEEE Internet Computing. IEEE, July 1997. Special Issue on Agents. 403Google Scholar
- 7.Krzysztof Palacz and Dan C. Marinescu. An agent-based workflow management system. Technical report, Computer Sciences Department, Purdue University, 1999. 416, 417Google Scholar
- 8.Steven S. Skiena. The Algorithm Design Manual. Springer Verlag, 1997. 407Google Scholar
- 9.Jeffrey D. Smith. Design and Analysis of Algorithms. PWS-KENT Publishing Company, 1989. 408Google Scholar
- 10.Liangzhao Zeng, Boualem Benatallah, and Anne Hee Hiong Ngu. Agent-based service discovery for workflow integration. In Proceeding of the 2001 International Symposium on Information Systems and Engineering, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 2001. 405Google Scholar
- 11.Liangzhao Zeng, Boualem Benatallah, Anne Hee Hiong Ngu, and Phuong Nguyen. Agflow: Agent-based cross-enterprise workflow management system(demonstration paper). In Proceedings of 27th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Roma, Italy, 2001. 404Google Scholar