Service Representation, Discovery, and Composition for E-marketplaces
Although network-centric technologies will make the diverse services easily accessible via the Web, the discovery of the right service with the right capabilities and the development of E-commerce service based application and networked services which share existing e-services is still an ad-hoc, very demanding, and time consuming task. In this paper we propose a framework for e-services description and steps for service discovery and combination. Several algorithms for service discovery are proposed, which provide a foundation for service combination in an e-marketplace.
KeywordsService Composition Service Discovery Service Description Service Capability International Business Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Casati, S. Ilnicki, L. Jin, V. Krishnamoorthy, M.C. Shan. Adaptive and Dynamic Service Composition in eFlow, HP Lab. Techn. Report, HPL-2000-39. 272Google Scholar
- 2.S. Chen. Retrieval of Reusable Components in a Deductive, Object-Oriented Environment. PhD thesis, RWTH Aachen, Information Systems Institute, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Georgakopoulos, H. Schuster, D. Baker, and A. Cichocki. Managing Escalation of Collaboration Processes in Crisis Mitigation Situations, Proceedings of ICDE 2000, San Diego, CA, USA, 2000. 272Google Scholar
- 5.International Business Machines (IBM). Energize e-business with Web services from the IBM Websphere software platform, http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ibm-lunar.html IBM, 2000. 271
- 6.International Business Machines (IBM). The Web Service Description Language http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/w-wsdl.html IBM, 2000 271
- 7.J.-J. Jeng and B. H. C. Cheng. Specification Matchingf or Software Reuse: A Foundation, Proceedings of the the 17th international conference on software engineering on Symposium on software reusability, 1995, Pages 97–105Google Scholar
- 8.G. Joeris and O. Herzog. ManagingEvol vingW orkflow Specifications with Schema Versioningand Migration Rules, TZI Technical Report 15, University of Bremen, 1999. 272Google Scholar
- 9.W. J. van den Heuvel and R. Reussner. MatchingCom ponent Interfaces, Technical Report, Universität Karlsruhe 2001. 280, 283Google Scholar
- 10.UDDI.org UDDI Technical White paper, http://www.uddi.org/pubs/lru_UDDI_Technical_Paper.pdf, 2001 271
- 11.R. Reussner. Formal Foundations of Dynamic Types for Software Components. Technical Report 08/2000, Universität Karlsruhe, Department of Informatics, 2000 280Google Scholar