Supporting Heterogeneous Users in Collaborative Virtual Environments Using AOP
Nowadays, the interest in collaborative virtual environments has increased considerably, probably due to the current technological advances specially on Internet computing. Our main goal is to model collaborative virtual environments combining component-based and aspectbased software technologies. In this paper we are going to highlight the innovative design of a middleware layer that is able to bind dynamically different configurations of the same environment according to the users preferences.
KeywordsVirtual Environment User Preference Target Component Awareness Information Collaborative Virtual Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Ly.: Distributed Java Applets for Project Management on the Web. 4th International Workshop on Component-Oriented Programming WCOP’99 in conjunction with the European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming ECOOP’99. June 1999. 226Google Scholar
- 2.M. Pinto, M. Amor, L. Fuentes, J. M. Troya.: Collaborative Virtual Environment Development: An Aspect-Oriented Approach. Proceedings of DDMA Workshop. Phoenix, Arizona, April 2001. 227, 229Google Scholar
- 3.M. Roseman and S. Greenberg.: Teamrooms: Network Places for Collaboration. Proceedings of ACM CSCW. 1996. 227Google Scholar
- 4.H. Shinkuro, T. Tomioka, T. Ohsawa, K. Okada, and Y. Matsushita.: A Virtual Office Environment based on a Shared Room realizing Awareness Space and transmitting Awareness Information. Proceedings of the 10th annual ACM symposium on User Interface Software and Technology. 1997. 227Google Scholar
- 5.M. Sohlenkamp and G. Ghwelos.: Integrating Communication, Cooperation and Awareness: The DIVA Virtual Office Environment. Proceedings of ACM CSCW. 1994. 227Google Scholar
- 6.A. W. Brown, K. C. Wallnau.: The Current State of CBSE. IEEE Software. September/October, 1998. 227Google Scholar
- 7.C. A. Constantinides, A. Bader, T. H. Elrad, M. Fayad, and P. Netinant.: Designing an Aspect-Oriented Framework in an Object-Oriented Environment. ACM Computing Surveys. March 2000. 227Google Scholar
- 8.G. Kiczales et al.: Aspect-Oriented Programming. Proceedings of ECOOP’97. LNCS 1241. Springer-Verlag. 227Google Scholar
- 9.C. Lopes, E. Hilsdale, J. Hugunin, M. Kersten, and G. Kiczales.: Illustrations of crosscutting. ECOOP 2000 Workshop on Aspects & Dimensions of Concerns. June 11-12 2000. 227Google Scholar
- 10.L. Fuentes and J. M. Troya.: Coordinating Distributed Components on the Web: an Integrated Development Environment. Software-Practice and Experience. 31, 2001. 228Google Scholar
- 11.S. E. Hudson and I. Smith.: Techniques for Addressing Fundamental Privacy and Disruption Tradeoffs in Awareness Support Systems. Proceedings of the ACM, conference on CSCWI. 1996. 229Google Scholar
- 12.M. Pinto, M. Amor, L. Fuentes, J. M. Troya.: Towards an Aspect-Oriented Framework in the Design of Virtual Environments. Submitted to Third IFIP WG 6.1 International Working Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems. September, 2001. 233Google Scholar