A Method to Analyse the Motion of Solid Particle in Oscillatory Stream of a Viscous Liquid
A mathematical model of the motion of a solid particle in oscillatory stream of a viscous liquid was set up and analytically solved for Reynolds number in the relative motion Re < 2.0 (Stokes flow) and Reynolds number characterising the liquid stream Re* < 2100 (laminar flow). A computer aided method based on video image processing was applied as an experimental tool to analyse the particle motion and verify the mathematical model.
Keywordsmotion analysis viscous liquid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Clift, R., Grace, J.R., Weber, M.E.: Bubbles, Drops, and Particles. Academic Press, New York, San Francisco, London (1978)Google Scholar
- 3.Handbook of MultiScan (in Polish). Computer Scanning Systems. Warszawa (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Squires, G.L.: Practical Physics. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.Suchecki, W.: Analysis of the motion of a solid particle in oscillatory flow of a viscous liquid (in Polish). PhD Dissertation. Plock (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Tchen, C.M.: Mean value and correlation problems connected with the motion of small particles suspended in a turbulent fluid. Dissertation, Hague (1947)Google Scholar