Implementation of a NURBS to Bézier Conversor with Constant Latency
In this paper, a FPGA implementation is presented to carry out the conversion process from NURBS to Bézier curves. It has a simple and regular timing schedule with a constant latency which reduces the area requirements with respect to previous implementations. The operation frequency obtained with the Xilinx tools, is around 13 MHz. The scheme we propose can be easily extended to process NURBS and Bézier surfaces.
KeywordsControl Point NURBS Curve FPGA Implementation FIFO Queue Direct Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foley, J.D.: Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice. 2nd edn. Ed. Addison-Wesley (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Piegl, L., Tiller, W.: The NURBS Book. 2nd edn. Ed. Springer (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Xilinx 4000 Series datasheet: http://www.xilinx.com/products/products.htm
- 5.Mallón, P. N., Bóo, M., Bruguera, J.D.: Parallel Architecture for Conversion of NURBS Curves to Bézier Curves. Proc. Int. Conf. Euromicro 2000. Workshop on Digital Systems Design. DSD2000 (2000) 324–331Google Scholar
- 6.MIETEC: Library Data Book 0.35 μ CMOS TechnologyGoogle Scholar