Implementation of (Normalised) RLS Lattice on Virtex
We present an implementation of a complete RLS Lattice and Normalised RLS Lattice cores for Virtex. The cores accept 24-bit fixed point inputs and produce 24-bit fixed point prediction error. Internally, the computations are based on 32bit logarithmic arithmetic. On Virtex XCV2000E-6, it takes 22% and 27% of slices respectively and performs at 45 MHz. The cores outperform (4-5 times) the standard DSP solution based on 32 bit floating point TMS320C3x/4x 50MHz processors.
KeywordsClock Cycle Posteriori Error Standard Prediction Error Persistent Excitation Logarithmic Number System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.N. Coleman, E.I. Chester, ‘A 32-bit Logarithmic Arithmetic Unit and Its Performance Compared to Floating-Point’, 14th Symposium on Computer Arithmetic’, Adelaide, April 1999Google Scholar
- Paulo S.R. Diniz, Algorithms and Practical Implementation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997Google Scholar
- J.N. Coleman, E. Chester, C. Softley and J. Kadlec “Arithmetic on the European Logarithmic Microprocessor”, IEEE Trans. Comput. Special Edition on Computer Arithmetic, July 2000. Vol. 49, No. 7, p702–715.Google Scholar
- Coleman J. N., Kadlec J.: Extended Precision Logarithmic Arithmetics. In Proceedings of the 34-th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Monterey USA. November 2000.Google Scholar
- J. Kadlec, A. Hermanek, Ch. Softley, R. Matousek, M. Licko “32-bit Logarithmic ALU for Handel C 2.1 and Celoxica DK1 (53 MHz for XCV2000E-6 based RC1000 board)” Results will be presented at Celoxica user conference (In Stratford, UK, 2–3. April, 2001. Download from: http://www.celoxica.com/programs/universitv/academic_papers.ntm
- RC1000-PP Hardware Reference Manual, Celoxica, United Kingdom http://www.celoxica.eom/products/boards/DATRHD001.2.pdf
- R.L. Walke, R.W.M. Smith, G. Lightbody, “20 GFLOPS QR processor on a Xilinx Virtex-E FPGA”, SPIE, San Diego, 2000, U.S.AGoogle Scholar
- RL. Walke, J. Dudley, “An FPGA based digital radar receiver for Soft Radar”, 34th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Monterey, 2000, California, U.S.AGoogle Scholar