Segment LLL-Reduction of Lattice Bases
- 1.2k Downloads
We present an efficient variant of LLL-reduction of lattice bases in the sense of Lenstra, Lenstra, Lovász. We organize LLL-reduction in segments of size k. Local LLL-reduction of segments is done using local coordinates of dimension k.
We introduce segment LLL-reduced bases, a variant of LLL-reduced bases achieving a slightly weaker notion of reducedness, but speeding up the reduction time of lattices of dimension n by a factor n. We also introduce a variant of LLL-reduction using iterated segments. The resulting reduction algorithm runs in O(n 3 log2 n) arithmetic steps for integer lattices of dimension n with basis vectors of length 22.
KeywordsLLL-reduction shortest lattice vector segments iterated segments local coordinates local LLL-reduction divide and conquer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BN00.D. Bleichenbacher and P.Q. Nguyen, Noisy Polynomial Interpolation and Noisy Chinese Remaindering, Proc. Eurocrypt’00, LNCS 1807, Springer-Verlag, pp. 53–69, 2000.Google Scholar
- Bo00.D. Boneh, Finding Smooth Integers in Small Intervals Using CRT Decoding, Proc. STOC’00, ACM Press, pp. 265–272, 2000.Google Scholar
- Ca00.J. Cai, The Complexity of some Lattice Problems, Proc. ANTS’00, LNCS 1838, Springer-Verlag, pp. 1–32, 2000.Google Scholar
- K01.H. Koy, Notes of a Lecture. Frankfurt 2001.Google Scholar
- KS01.H. Koy and C.P. Schnorr, LLL-Reduction with Floating Point Orthogonal-ization. This proceedings CaLC 2001, pp. 81–96.Google Scholar
- NS00.P.Q. Nguyen and J. Stern, Lattice Reduction in Cryptology, An Update, Proc. ANTS’00, LNCS 1838, Springer-Verlag, pp. 85–112, 2000.Google Scholar
- S91.C.P. Schnorr and M. Euchner, Lattice Basis Reduction and Solving Subset Sum Problems. Proceedings FCT’91, LNCS 591, Springer-Verlag, pp. 68–85, 1991. The complete paper appeared in Mathematical Programming Studies, 66A, 2, pp. 181–199, 1994.Google Scholar
- SH95.C.P. Schnorr and H. Hörner, Attacking the Chor-Rivest Cryptosystem by Improved Lattice Reduction. Proceedings Eurocrypt’95, LNCS 921, Springer-Verlag, pp. 1–12, 1995.Google Scholar
- Sc84.A. Schönhage, Factorization of univariate integer polynomials by diophantine approximation and improved lattice basis reduction algorithm, Proc. 11-th Coll. Automata, Languages and Programming, Antwerpen 1984, LNCS 172, Springer-Verlag, pp. 436–447, 1984.Google Scholar