On the Modeling of Mobile Agent-Based Systems
The mobile agent technology provides facilities that enable to reduce the complexity of telecommunication services development. However the major part of this development is still devoted to the code production. In order to optimize the development of services, this production should be reduced while the main part must become an upstream activity, i.e., the elaboration of specifications. This paper introduces an Architecture Description Language (ADL) devoted to the design of mobile agent systems to be implemented in a MASIF compliant platform. The ADL is defined as a UML profile called the MASIF-DESIGN profile. It enables the designer to describe the platform he/she uses, to locate the agents in the platform and to define the elements required from the platform for the achievement of the distribution transparencies.
KeywordsMobile Agent Agent System Execution Environment Model Drive Architecture Behavioral Specification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Model Driven Architecture, A Technical Perspective, Architecture Board MDA Draft Team, January 29, 1001 (document number ab/2001-01-01)Google Scholar
- 2.Gervais M.P., ODAC: une méthodologie de construction de systèmes à base d’agents fondée sur ODP, rapport LIP6 2000/28, November 2000 (in French)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC IS 10746-x — ITU-T Rec. X90x, ODP Reference Model Part x, 1995Google Scholar
- 4.Gervais M.P., ODAC: An Agent-Oriented Methodology Based on ODP, Submitted in Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent SystemsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gervais M.P., Muscutariu F., Toward an ADL for Designing Agent-Based Systems, submitted for AOSE, May 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.OMG MASIF Standard (orbos/98-03-09), http://www.omg.org
- 7.Miller J. and Wirfs-Brock R., How can subsystems be both a package and a Classifier, (http://www.omg.org)
- 8.FIPA, http://www.fipa.org
- 10.Geswin Thomas, Object-Oriented Mobile Agent Systems,, ECOOP workshop 2000, Springer-VerlagGoogle Scholar
- 11.Muscutariu F. and Gervais M.-P., Modeling an OMG-MASIF Compliant Mobile Agent Platform with the RM-ODP Engineering Language, in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Mobile Agents for Telecommunication Applications (MATA’00), Lecture Notes in Computer Science no1931, Springer Verlag (Ed), Paris, France, September 2000, pp133–141CrossRefGoogle Scholar