A Proposal of PVCs Configuration Methodology Employing Mobile Agents
This paper presents a research about the technology of mobile agents which has Concordia system as its platform. Concordia was developed by Mitsubishi Eletric Information Technology Center America. In the latest years, the Internet became the main media to access information, data and personal communication. As a result, the overload of information in the bandwidth has become inevitable. Because of the continuous increase of the server connected to the network, the present architecture “client/server” used to connect the computers has become inefficient, therefore relevant changes have been necessary. The development of the technology of mobile agents is considered an alternative solution, in which programs (agents) can move throughout the network to run in different computers. The Concordia’s components were written completely in Java, and because of that, Concordia offers the portability and execution of its agents anywhere and at anytime with security, mobility, management and monitoring — all of the necessary characteristics to achieve the perfect environment for the mobile agents. This research was based on the project “A CORBA Distributed Platform with Intelligent Mobile Agents for Service Management (AMI)” of the program “High Speed Metropolitan Network of Fortaleza (REMAV-FOR”). In LARCES/UECE we developed a methodology for PVC configuration using mobile agent, presented in the final part of this work.
KeywordsMobile Agent Network Management Asynchronous Transfer Mode Virtual Link Internet Engineer Task Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.http://www.omg.org-“Corba Overview”, OMG.
- 2.“Instant CORBA ” Roberto Orfali, Dan Harkey, Jeri Edwards 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 0-471-18333-4.Google Scholar
- 3.http://www.omg.org/about/wicorba.htm “what is CORBA” OMG.
- 4.STALLINGS, W. SNMP, SNMPv2, SNMPv3, and RMON1 and 2, Addison Wesley, Third Edition, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.IETF WWW Pages URL= http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/home.html
- 6.ATM Forum WWW Pages URL= http://www.atmforum.com
- 7.SPRENKELS, R.A.M., “Management of ATM Networks”, M.Sc-thesis, June 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.AHMED, M., e TESINK, T., Internet Engineering Task Force, RFC 1695, “Definitions of Manged Objects for ATM Management, Version 8.0 using SMIv2,” Agost 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Concordia White Paper: Mobile Agents Computing URL=http://www.meitca.com/HSL/Projects/Concordia/MobileAgentsWhitePaper.html
- 10.AdventNet v2c Release 3.1 URL= http://www.adventnet.com
- 11.CARDOSO, A.R., e JR CELESTINO, J., Implementing Mobile Applications Based on AMI Architecture for Network Management, IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia Networks and Services 2001 Chicago Il, USA, october 2001 (Submitted).Google Scholar
- 12.PAN, H., SNMP-Based ATM Network Management, Artech House, Hardcover, September 1998.Google Scholar
- 13.BOYER, J., PAGUREK, B., WHITE, T., Methodologies for PVC Configuration in ATM Heterogeneous Environment Using Intelligent Mobile Agents, First International Workshop on Mobile Agents for Telecommunication Applications MATA 99, Ottawa, Canada, october 1999.Google Scholar