A Compositional Model for Confluent Dynamic Data-Flow Networks
We introduce a state-based language for programming dynamically changing networks which consist of processes that communicate asynchronously. For this language we introduce an operational semantics and a notion of observable which includes both partial correctness and absence of deadlock. Our main result is a compositional characterization of this notion of observable for a confluent sub-language.
KeywordsInternal State Compositional Model Operational Semantic Channel Variable Compositional Semantic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.F. Arbab, F.S. de Boer, and M.M. Bonsangue. A coordination language for mobile components. In Proc. of SAC 2000, pp. 166–173, ACM press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.F.S. de Boer. Reasoning about asynchronous communication in dynamically evolving object structures. To appear in Theoretical Computer Science, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Broy. Equations for describing dynamic nets of communicating systems. In Proc. 5th COMPASS workshop, vol. 906 of LNCS, pp. 170–187, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.E.W. Dijkstra. A Discipline of Programming. Prentice-Hall, 1976.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Falaschi, M. Gabbrielli, K. Marriot, and C. Palamidessi. Confluence in concurrent constraint programming. In Theoretical Computer Science, 183(2), 1997.Google Scholar
- 10.C. Fournet and G. Gonthier. The reflexive chemical abstract machine and the join calculus. In Proc. POPL’96, pp. 372–385, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Grosu and K. Stølen. A model for mobile point-to-point data-flow networks without channel sharing. In Proc. AMAST’96, LNCS, 1996.Google Scholar
- 12.G.J. Holzmann. The model checker SPIN IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 23:5, 1997.Google Scholar
- 13.G. Kahn. The semantics of a simple language for parallel programming. In IFIP74 Congress, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1974.Google Scholar
- 14.He Jifeng, M.B. Josephs, and C.A.R. Hoare. A theory of synchrony and asynchrony. In Proc. IFIP Conf. on Programming Concepts and Methods, 1990.Google Scholar