Student Modelling for CALL Based on Pedagogical Standards
- 680 Downloads
The doctoral dissertation summarised in this paper contains a proposal of pedagogical standards for the design and evaluation of a student model in a CALL system, and of such a system itself. The standards were derived from the Theory of Versatile Education. Upon these standards, a theoretical design of a student model in a CALL system was proposed. It was demonstrated how the potential of educational tradition and SLA research can be applied to CALL software for the sake of its pedagogical quality.
KeywordsCall System Pedagogical Standard Student Model Communicative Competence Pedagogical Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brown, Douglas, H., 1994. Principles of Language Learning and Teaching. San Francisco: Prentice Hall RegentsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Manning, Patricia, 1990. “Methodological Considerations in the Design of CALL Programs.” CITE Report No. 131. Milton Keynes: Open UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 4.Okon, Wincenty, 1967. Podstawy wyksztalcenia ogólnego. Warszawa: WSiPGoogle Scholar
- 5.Okon, Wincenty, 1995. Wprowadzenie do dydaktyki ogólnej. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo ZakGoogle Scholar
- 6.Rogers, Carl, 1983. Freedom to Learn for the 80’s. Ohio: Bell and HowellGoogle Scholar
- 7.Tanas, Maciej, 1997. Edukacyjne zastosowania komputerów. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo ZakGoogle Scholar
- 8.Tarone, Elaine, and George Yule, 1991. Focus on the Language Learner. Oxford: Oxford University PressGoogle Scholar