New Issues in Object Interoperability
This report summarizes the presentations, discussions, and outcomes of the ECOOP’2000 Workshop on Object Interoperability, held in Sophia Antipolis, France, on Monday, June 12, 2000. Divided into four main sessions, the workshop covered some of the most important issues related to object interoperability at different levels (such as protocols or semantics). This report has two main goals. First, it tries to provide a snapshot of some of the current research being carried out within the object-oriented community in these areas. And second, it summarizes some of the open questions and issues related to object interoperability, in order to set the basis for further research activities.
KeywordsTheorem Prover Operational Semantic Object Constraint Language Object Inter Keynote Speech
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Allen and D. Garlan. A formal basis for architectural connection. ACM Trans. on Software Engineering and Methodology, July 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Bastide, O. Sy, and P. Palanque. A formal notation and tool for the engineering of CORBA systems. Concurrency/TAPOS (Wiley). Special Issue “Selected papers from ECOOP’99”, 2000. (to appear).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Hernández, A. Vallecillo, and J. M. Troya, editors. New Issues in Object Interoperability. Universidad de Extremadura, Dept. Informática, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Konstantas. Interoperation of object oriented applications. In O. Nierstrasz and D. Tsichritzis, editors, Object-Oriented Software Composition. Prentice-Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.G. T. Leavens and M. Sitaraman, editors. Foundations of Component-Based Systems. Cambridge University Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.O. Nierstrasz. Regular types for active objects. In O. Nierstrasz and D. Tsichritzis, editors, Object-Oriented Software Composition, pages 99–121. Prentice-Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Vallecillo, J. Hernández, and J. M. Troya. Object interoperability. In Object-Oriented Technology: ECOOP’99 Workshop Reader, number 1743 in LNCS, pages 1–21. Springer-Verlag, 1999.Google Scholar