Resource Management Method for Cooperative Web Computing on Computational Grid
Web computing only requires connection to a certain URL via Java applet supported web browser. Existing Web computing research has assumed that the application program can be partitioned into a lot of independent modules. In this paper a scalable communication method among distributed processes are proposed. And an analytic model is devised for Web computing communication time according to the characteristics of application programs and computing environment based on this method. It also provides a decision function to determine the degree of hierarchy for managing resources. With this function, the users can determine how the Web computing hierarchy architectures should be constructed to reduce the communication overhead and achieve the performance improvement.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arash B., Mehmet K., Zvi K., and Peter W.: Charlotte: Metacomputing on theWeb, International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems, (1996) 151–159.Google Scholar
- 2.Bernd O. C., Peter C., Mihai F. Ionescu,: Javelin: Internet-Based Parallel Computing Using Java, ACMWorkshop on Java for Science and Engineering Computation, (1997) 30–40.Google Scholar
- 3.Sarmenta, L.,: Bayanihan: Web-Based Volunteer Computing Using Java, Int’l. Conference on World-Wide Computing and its Applications (WWCA’98), Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (1368), (1998) 444–461..Google Scholar
- 4.M. J. Clement, M. R. Steed, P. E. Crandall: Network Performance Modeling for PVM Clusters, Supercomputing, (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.M. H. MacDougall: Simulating Computer Systems: Techniques and Tools, The MIT Press, (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.Michael S. and Songnian Z.: Algorithms Implementing Distributed Shared Memory, IEEE Computer, (1990) 54–64..Google Scholar
- 8.M.J. Quinn: Parallel Computing:Theory and Practice, McGraw-Hill Book Company, (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.D. Zwillinger: Handbook of Integration, Jones and Bartlett, (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.A. S. Grimshaw and W. A. Wulf: The legion vision of a worldwide virtual computer, Communication of the ACM, 40(1), (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.Chungmin C., Kenneth S., Miron L.: The DBC: Processing Scientific Data Over the Internet, International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, (1996).Google Scholar