An Advanced User Interface Approach for Complex Parameter Study Process Specification on the Information Power Grid
The creation of parameter study suites has recently become a more challenging problem as the parameter studies have become multi-tiered and the computational environment has become a supercomputer grid. The parameter spaces are vast, the individual problem sizes are getting larger, and researchers are seeking to combine several successive stages of parameterization and computation. Simultaneously, grid-based computing offers immense resource opportunities but at the expense of great difficulty of use. We present ILab, an advanced graphical user interface approach to this problem. Our novel strategy stresses intuitive visual design tools for parameter study creation and complex process specification, and also offers programming-free access to grid-based supercomputer resources and process automation.
KeywordsGraphical User Interface Parameter Study Shell Script Aerospace Vehicle Solver Solver
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Grimshaw, A., Ferrari, A., Knabe, F., Humphrey, M.: Legion: An Operating System for Wide-Area Computing. Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va. Available at ftp://ftp.cs.virginia.edu/pub/techreports/CS-99-12.ps.Z
- 5.Abramson, D., Sosic, R., Giddy, J., Hall, B.: Nimrod: A Tool for Performing Parametised Simulations using DistributedWorkstations. The 4th IEEE Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing, Virginia, August 1995Google Scholar
- 6.Henderson, R., and D. Tweten, D.: NASA Ames Portable Batch System: External Reference Specification. NASA Ames Research Center, December 1996Google Scholar
- 8.Litzkow, M., Livny, M.: Experience With The Condor Distributed Batch System. IEEE Workshop on Experimental Distributed Systems, Oct. 1990, Huntsville, Al. http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/publications.html
- 10.Bolsky, M. I., Korn, D. G.: The KornShell Command and Programming Language. Prentice Hall, 1989Google Scholar
- 11.Wissink, A. W., Meakin, R. L.: On Parallel Implementations of Dynamic Overset Grid Methods. Proceedings of SC97, High Performance Computing and Networking, San Jose, CA, Nov. 15-21, 1997Google Scholar