Focale: Towards a Grid View of Large-Scale Computation Components
In the model of grid computing, we have several views of the components of the grid. One would prefer a large grid of small data-driven computations, while another one would rather use coarse grain components with great computing power. This paper presents our project, Focale, which provides genericity for large components interconnection through Java and Corba.
KeywordsCorba and Java distributed computing objects and components
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Denis Caromel, Wilfried Klauser, and Julien Vayssi re. Towards seamless computing and metacomputing in Java. In Geoffrey C. Fox, editor, Concurrency Practice and Experience, volume 10 (11–13), pages 1043–1061. Wiley and Sons, Ltd, Sep/Nov 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Paul Sweazey et al. SCI-Scalable Coherent Interface, P1596/D2.00. Technical report, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, J. Vlissides, and G. Booch. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Westley Professional Computing, USA, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.Matthew Izatt, Patrick Chan, and Tim Brecht. Ajents: Towards an Environment for Parallel, Distributed and Mobile Java Applications. In ACM 1999, editor, Java Grande Conference, pages 15–25, June 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.Katarzyna Keahey, Peter Beckman, and James Ahrens. Ligature: Component Architecture for High-Performance Applications.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Magee, N. Dulay, S. Eisenbach, and J. Kramer. Specifying distributed software architectures. In Fifth European Software Engineering Conference, September 1995.Google Scholar
- 11.P. Merle, C. Gransart, and J.-M. Geib. Using and Implementing CORBA Objects with CorbaScript. Object-Oriented Parallel and Distributed Programming, 2000. Ed. Hermes.Google Scholar
- 12.Ajay Mohindra, Apratim Purakayastha, Deborra Zukowski, and Murthy Devara konda. Programming Network Components Using NetPebbles: An Early Report. In USENIX Conference on Object Oriented Technologies, April 1998.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Ng, J. Kramer, and J. Magee. A case tool for software architecture design.Google Scholar
- 16.OMG. CORBA Components: Joint Revised Submission. Object Management Group, August 1999. OMG TC Document orbos/99-07-f 01..03,05 g orbos/99-08 f 05..07,12,13 g.Google Scholar
- 17.OOC and LIFL. CORBA Scripting-Joint Revised Submission. Object Management Group, August 1999.Google Scholar
- 19.Thierry Priol and Christophe Ren. Cobra: a CORBA-compliant Programming Environment for High-Performance Computing. In Europar’98, Southampton, UK, pages 1114–1133, September 1998.Google Scholar