A Prototype Encryption System Using Public Key
The use of cryptography to produce a secure method of user authentication and to encipher traffic on data or digital links has been the aim of many of those defining theoretical schemes and techniques. This paper describes an experimental realisation of these aims in hardware, in order to provide a secure and authenticated communications channel.
- 1.B-Crypt Specification, BT Cryptographic Products, June 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.‘Data Encryption Standard’, National Bureau of Standards, FIPS PUB 46, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Davies, D W, Price, W L, and Parkin, G I, “Evaluation of Public Key Cryptosystems”, Information Privacy, 1980, 2, Pp 138–154.Google Scholar
- 7.American National Standard X9.9, “Financial Institution Message Authentication”.Google Scholar
- 8.‘DataKey’ Handbook, DataCard International, drayton House, Chichester, Sussex, March 1983.Google Scholar