Drawing Algorithms for Series-Parallel Digraphs in Two and Three Dimensions
In this paper we have introduced two algorithms for drawing series parallel digraphs. One constructs two dimensional drawings which display symmetries, the other constructs three dimensional drawings with a footprint of minimum size.
Future work will include combinations of these two algorithms: we would like to display as much symmetry as possible in a three dimensional drawing of small footprint.
- 1.A. Aho, J. Hopcroft and J. Ullman, The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Addison-Wesley, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Eades and X. Lin, Spring Algorithms and Symmetry, Computing and Combinatorics, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1276, (Ed. Jiang and Lee), 202–211.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Eades, T. Lin and X. Lin, Minimum Size h-v Drawings, Advanced Visual Interfaces (Proceedings of AVI 92, Rome, July 1992), World Scientific Series in Computer Science 36, pp. 386–394.Google Scholar
- 6.X. Lin, Analysis of Algorithms for Drawing Graphs, PhD thesis,University of Queensland 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Manning, Geometric Symmetry in Graphs, PhD Thesis, Purdue University 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Valdes, Parsing Flowchart and Series-Parallel Graphs, Technical Report STAN-CS-78-682, Computer Science Department, Stanford University, 1978.Google Scholar
- 15.H. Wielandt, Finite permutation groups, Academic Press, 1964.Google Scholar