Algorithmic Patterns for Orthogonal Graph Drawing
In this paper, we present an object-oriented design and implementation of the core steps of the Giotto algorithm for orthogonal graph drawing. Our design is motivated by the goals of making the algorithm modular and extensible and of providing many reusable components of the algorithm. This work is part of the jdsl project aimed at creating a library of data structures and algorithms in Java.
KeywordsGraph Structure Original Graph Input Graph Interaction Diagram Graph Drawing
- R. Ahuja, T. Magnanti, and J. Orlin. Network Flows. Prentice Hall, 1993.Google Scholar
- S. Bridgeman, A. Garg, and R. Tamassia. A graph drawing and translation service on the WWW. In S. C. North, editor, Graph Drawing (Proc. GD’ 96), Lecture Notes Comput. Sci. Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- G. Di Battista, P. Eades, R. Tamassia, and I. G. Tollis. Graph Drawing:. Prentice-Hall, 1998.Google Scholar
- G. Di Battista, G. Liotta, and F. Vargiu. Diagram Server. J. Visual Lang. Comput., 6(3):275–298, 1995. (special issue on Graph Visualization, edited by I.F. Cruz and P. Eades).Google Scholar
- ffgraph homepage. http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~friedric/fFgraph/main.shtml.
- B. Flaming. Practical Algorithms in C++. Coriolis Group Book, 1995.Google Scholar
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides. Design Patterns. Addison-Wesley, 1995.Google Scholar
- N. Gelfand, M. T. Goodrich, and R. Tamassia. Teaching data structure design patterns. In Proc. 29th ACM SIGCSE Tech. Sympos., pages 331–335, 1998.Google Scholar
- M. T. Goodrich and R. Tamassia. Data Structures and Algorithms in Java. John Wiley, New York, NY, 1998.Google Scholar
- GDToolkit homepage. http://www.inf.uniroma3.it/people/gdb/wp12/GDT.html.
- M. Himsolt. The Graphlet system. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1190, 1997.Google Scholar
- H. Lauer, M. Ettrich, and K. Soukup. GraVis-system demonstration. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1353, 1997.Google Scholar
- LEDA homepage. http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/LEDA/.
- R. Tamassia, L. Vismara, and J. E. Baker. A case study in algorithm engineering for geometric computing. In G. F. Italiano and S. Orlando, editors, Proc. Workshop on Algorithm Engineering, 1997. http://www.dsi.unive.it/wae97/proceedings/.
- K. Weihe. Reuse of algorithms: Still a challenge to object-oriented programming. In Proc. OOPSLA-97, pages 34–48. ACM Press, 1997.Google Scholar