A New Agent Framework with Behavior Delegation Using SOAP
- 453 Downloads
The functional extension of intelligent agents has been a difficult problem because typical software should be edited and recompiled when it needs modifications or replacements in functions after launching. To extend agent’s functions dynamically, it is desirable to separate functions from the agent’s hard-coded source. In this paper, we propose a new agent framework based on the concept of behavior delegation. We design a new behavior description language, called BDL, for users to assemble agent functions without programming. All behaviors in agent are executed on external server using SOAP. Proposed BDL editor provides users with easy way to assemble agent applications. An example, called Intelligence Price Finder, is implemented to show the use of proposed BDL and the editor.
KeywordsExecution Path External Server Behavior Component Agent Framework Functional Extension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mates, P.: Agents that Reduce Work and Information Overload, CACM, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 31–40 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Hermans, B.: Intelligent Software Agents on the Internet: an inventory of currently offered functionality in the information society & prediction of (near-) future developments, Thesis, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Sloman, A.: What sort of architecture is required for a human-like agent?, Cognitive Modeling Workshop, Aug. (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Nicholas, R., Jennings.: A Roadmap of Agent Research and Development, Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, pp. 7–38 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Banzhaf, W.: Genetic Programming, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, Inc. (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.Introducing Dynamic Link Libraries, http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/ma/colinp/win32/dll/intro.html
- 10.Matthew J.D., Nirmal, K. Mukhi: Web Services Invocation Framework (WSIF), OOPSLA 2001 workshop on Object-Oriented Web ServicesGoogle Scholar
- 11.Harshal, D.: The need for a dynamic invocation framework, http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/469
- 12.UDDI White Page, http://www.uddi.org/whitepapers.html