Influence of Nanocrystalline Ferrite Particles on Properties of Magnetic Systems
Nanocrystalline mainly superparamagnetic ferrite particles ≈ 10nm are used for the preparation of magnetic fluids. Barium hexaferrite BaFe12−2x TixCoxO19 powders with mean particle sizes < 30nm show the transition to single domain Stoner- Wohlfarth behaviour. Hysteresis parameters, losses and the initial susceptibility versus temperature were obtained by VSM. Ba-ferrite ferrofluids have been prepared using Isopar M or dodecane as carrier liquid. Small Angle Neutron Scattering curves lead to a bimodal size distribution consisting of single magnetic particles and aggregated magnetic particles. Particle size investigations were done by TEM.
KeywordsMagnetic Particle Magnetic System Carrier Liquid Ferrite Particle Bimodal Size Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Toshiba Review No. 154, Winter, 1985, 5–31Google Scholar
- 2.R. Müller et al. Proceed. ELECTROCERAMICS IV 1994 Aachen, vol. II, 1183Google Scholar
- 5.A. Cebers, Magnetohydrodyn. 11(4) (1975) 439Google Scholar
- 9.R. Müller et al., J. Magn. Magn. Mater. acceptedGoogle Scholar
- 13.A. Hoell et al., J. Magn. Magn. Mater. acceptedGoogle Scholar