Relevance Ranking Tuning for Similarity Queries on XML Data
Similarity query techniques integrating semantics and structure of XML data have been recently investigated. Mostly, query relaxations are not fully exploited to retrieve data that approximate query conditions on data organization. In this paper we present a method to widen the spectrum of relevant data, and we define a measure to tune the ranking of results, so that also information on relevance quality of data retrieved can be inferred from scores.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Amer-Yahia, S. Cho, and D. Srivastava. Tree Pattern Relaxation. In Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2002), March 2002. 22, 23, 31, 33Google Scholar
- N. Bruno, L. Gravano, and A. Marian. Evaluating Top-k Queries over Web-Accessible Databases. In Proc. of 18th Int. Conf. on Data Engineering (ICDE 2001), San Jose, CA, 2001. 34Google Scholar
- N. Fuhr and K. Groβjohann. XIRQL: A Query Language for Information Retrieval in XML Documents. In Proc. ACM SIGIR Conference, 2001. 22, 31, 33Google Scholar
- E. Jeong and C. Hsu. Induction of Integrated View of XML Data with Heterogeneous DTDs. In Proc. of 2001 ACM Int. Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2001), Atlanta, USA, November 2001. 33Google Scholar
- P. Kilpeläinen. Tree Matching Problems with Application to Structured Text Databases. PhD thesis, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of Helsinki, SF, 1992. 24, 26Google Scholar
- J. Madhavan, P. A. Bernstein, and E. Rahm. Generic Schema Matching with Cupid. In Proc. of the 27th VLDB Conf., pages 49–58, Rome, Italy, 2001. 33Google Scholar
- J. Robie, L. Lapp, and D. Schach. XML Query Language (XQL). In Proc. of the Query Language Workshop (QL’98), Cambridge, Mass., 1998. 22Google Scholar
- T. Schlieder. Similarity Search in XML Data Using Cost-Based Query Transformations. In Proc. of 4th Int. Work. on the Web and Databases (WebDB01), 2001. 23, 31, 33Google Scholar
- A. Theobald and G. Weikum. Adding Relevance to XML. In Proc. 3rd Int. Workshop on the Web and Databases (WebDB 2000), pages 35–40, May 2000. 22, 31, 33Google Scholar