Online Courses Step by Step
- 442 Downloads
Virtual University is a buzzword. However, in spite of manifold activities e-learning, that is the usage of multimedia and network technology to benefit or profit the students, will not inevitably be adopted in the university. On the contrary, these technologies have to be strongly pushed and the characteristics and specific culture of traditional universities have to be taken into account. Various methods and techniques have proven to be best practice, which can succeed in a traditional university and open up a way for the alma mater to find its place in cyberspace, too.
KeywordsLearn Management System Virtual Learn Environment Digital Material Alma Mater Skilled Teacher
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brake, C.: Politikfeld Multimedia. Waxmann, Münster, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Kandzia, P.-T.: E-Learning an Hochschulen — Von Frustration und Innovation. Proc. 7. Europäische Fachtagung der GMW (CAMPUS), Basel, 2002(to appear).Google Scholar
- 3.Trahasch, S., Lienhard, J.: Virtual Learning Environment in a University Infrastructure. Proc. 3rd International Conference on New Learning Technologies (NLT/NETTIES), Fribourg, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Kandzia, P.-T., Maass, G.: Course Production-Quick and Effective. Proc. 3rd International Conference on New Learning Technologies (NLT/NETTIES), Fribourg, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.Müller, R., Ottmann, T.: Electronic Note-Taking Systems, Problems and their Use at Universities. In: Adelsberger, H. H., Collis, B., Pawlowski, J. M. (eds.): Handbook on Information Technologies for Education and Training, Springer, Heidelberg, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.Brusilovsky, P., Miller, P.: Course Delivery Systems for the Virtual University. In: Tschang, F. T., Della Senta, T. (eds.):Access to Knowledge: New Information Technologies and the Emergence of the Virtual University. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Brunsmann, J. Homrighausen, A., Six, H.-W., Voss, J.: Assignments in a Virtual University — The WebAssign System. Proc. 19th World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education (ICDE). Vienna, Austria, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Kandzia, P.-T., Trahasch, S.: Tutored Assignments Going Online, Proc. 4th International Conference on New Educational Environments (ICNEE), Lugano, 2002.Google Scholar
- 9.Lauer, T., Trahasch, S., Zupancic, B.: Virtualizing University Courses: From Registration till Examination. Proc. 4th International Conference on New Educational Environments (ICNEE), Lugano, May 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.Nett, B., Röhr, F.: JurMOO-Cooperative Spaces in Computer and Law teaching, Proc. Int. Conf. on Advances in Infrastructure for e-Business, e-Education, e-Science, and e-Medicine on the Internet (SSGRR), L’Aquila, Jan. 2002.Google Scholar