Robustness and Efficiency of Non-linear Side-Informed Watermarking
A number of newn on-linear watermark detectors have been proposed recently , ,  in which the watermark detection statistic is an n th order polynomial function of the extracted vector. Coupled with a side-informed watermark embedding scheme that selects a watermark to maximise the detection output, it has been shown that hypothesis tests using such detectors are highly efficient. This paper presents further analysis of these non-linear schemes, focusing in particular on the robustness of the schemes in the presence of noise and the use of periodic filtering functions in order to reduce interference from the host signal.
KeywordsWatermark Scheme Detection Function Watermark Embedding Host Signal Audio Watermark
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Furon, G. Silvestre, N. Hurley, “JANIS: Just Another N-Order Side-Informed Scheme” in Proceedings of ICIP 2002, Oct 2002. 106, 107, 109, 110Google Scholar
- N. J. Hurley, G. C. M. Silvestre, “Nth Order AudioWatermarking” in Proceedings of SPIE 2022, Jan 2002. 106Google Scholar
- N. J. Hurley, G. C. M. Silvestre and T. Furon, “Side-Informed Watermarking using Nth-Order Polynomial Detectors”, in Proceedings of EUSIPCO 2002, 2002. 106, 107, 110Google Scholar
- J. Eggers, J. Su, and B. Girod, “A blind watermarking scheme based on structured codebooks,” in IEE Colloquium on Secure Images and Image Authentication, pp. 41–46, (Savoy Place London), April 10 2000. 106Google Scholar
- T. Furon and P. Duhamel, “An asymmetric public detection watermarking technique,” in Workshop on information hiding, (Dresden, Genmany), Oct. 2000. 106Google Scholar
- T. Furon, I. Venturini, and P. Duhamel, “Unified approach of asymmetric watermarking schemes,” in Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents III, Proc. SPIE 4313, 22-25 January 2001. 107Google Scholar
- J. Eggers, J. Su, and B. Girod, “Asymmetric watermarking schemes,” in Tagungsband des GI Workshops Sicherheit in Mediendaten, Springer Reihe: Informatik Aktuell, (Berlin, Germany), Sept. 2000. 110Google Scholar
- B. Chen and G. Wornell, “Dither modulation: a newap proach to digital watermarking and information embedding,” in Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, Proc. SPIE 3657, January 1999. 110Google Scholar
- M. Ramkumar and A.N. Akansu, “Self-noise suppression schemes for blind image steganography”, in SPIE Multimedia Systems and Applications (Image Security) 3845, Boston, MA, Sept. 1999. 110Google Scholar