Approximating the Range Sum of a Graph on CREW PRAM
In this paper we have studied the problem of finding the range sum of a graph G =< V,E > which is to color the vertices of a graph with ranges from a specified set in such a way that adjacent vertices are colored with non-overlapping ranges and the sum of the lengths of the ranges is the maximum possible. The problem of finding a good approximation to the range sum is often encountered in many engineering problems. We have presented an efficient parallel algorithm for computing an approximate solution to the range sum problem of a graph on CREW PRAM.
KeywordsParallel Algorithm Chromatic Number Adjacent Vertex Graph Coloring Input Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Kale, Ben Richards, and Terry Allen. Efficient parallel graph coloring with prioritization. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Gary Lewandowski and Anne Condon, Experiments with parallel graph coloring heuristics and applications of graph coloring, Cliques, Coloring, and Satisfiability: Second DIMACS Implementation Challenge, pp. 309–334, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Gary Lewandowski. Practical Implementations and Applications of Graph Coloring. PhD thesis, University of Wisconsin-Madison, August 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Srivastava, S. Tripathi. Resource Optimization in CDMA based Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. BTP Report 2001-2002, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur.Google Scholar
- 7.Ewa Kubicka and A. J. Schwenk, An Introduction to Chromatic Sums, Proc. of ACM Computer Science Conference, pp. 39–45, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.Gjertsen, R. K., Jr., M. T. Jones, P. E. Plassmann. 1996. Parallel Heuristics for Improved, Balanced Graph Colorings. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 37:171–186.Google Scholar