Prospects of Group-Based Communication in Mobile Ad hoc Networks
This paper describes the possible prospects of a group-based ad hoc network. It presents the formation of a semi-ad hoc network of mobile hosts termed as a mobile users club. Using a DSR like protocol in such a network simplifies routing protocol selection. Communication through a club improves security in the inherently insecure mobile ad hoc network. Also it sustains variation in node population, node density, and node mobility. Apart from this, DS-CDMA technique used for medium access by the club members ensures better utilization of limited battery power and bandwidth.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tomasz Imielinski and Henry F. Korth: Mobile Computing. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Charles E. Perkins: Ad hoc Networking. Addison Wesley, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.Josh Broch, David A. Maltz, David B. Johnson, Yih-Chun Hu, Jorjeta Jetcheva: A Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols. In Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, October 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Elizabeth Royer and C-K Toh: A Review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks. IEEE Personal Communications Magazine, April 1999, pp. 46–55.Google Scholar
- 5.David B. Johnson, David A. Maltz: Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. In Mobile Computing, edited by Tomasz Imielinski and Hank Korth, chapter 5, pages 153–181. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Josh Broch, David A. Maltz, and David B. Johnson: Supporting Hierarchy and Heterogeneous Interfaces in Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. In the Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing, June 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.Jim Binkley: Authenticated Ad Hoc Routing at the Link Layer for Mobile Systems. Internet Draft, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.William Stallings: Cryptography and Network Security-Principles and Practice. II Edition, Pearson Education Asia, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.Vesa Karpijoki: Signalling and Routing Security in Mobile and Ad hoc Networks. MANET, May 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.Andrew S. Tanenbaum: Computer Networks, PHI Publications, 1999.Google Scholar