4-Systolic Broadcasting in a Wrapped Butter.y Network
In this paper we present a 4-systolic algorithm for broadcasting, in the one-port model, in an undirected d-dimensional (d even) wrapped butterfly. We prove that the broadcast time for the algorithm is no more than 5d/2 — 2, hence making it the fastest known algorithm of this nature for broadcasting in a wrapped butterfly.
KeywordsInterconnection Network Respective Time Broadcast Message Straight Edge Broadcast Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Flammini and Perennes. Lower bounds on systolic gossip. In IPPS: 11th International Parallel Processing Symposium. IEEE Computer Society Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.Michele Flammini and Stephane Perennes. Lower bounds on the broadcasting and gossiping time of restricted protocols. Technical Report RR-3612.Google Scholar
- 4.Satoshi Fujita, Stephane Perennes, and Joseph G. Peters. Neighbourhood gossiping in hypercubes. Technical report, Simon Fraser University, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.Juran Hromkovic, Ralf Klasing, Burkhand Monien, and Regine Peine. Dissemination of information in interconnection networks (broadcasting and gossiping). in Combinatorial Network Theory.Google Scholar
- 7.H.T. Kung. Let’s design algorithms for VLSI systems. In Proc. of the Caltech Conference of VLSI (CL.L. Seifz Ed.), pages 65–90, Pasadena, California, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.Snehal Joshi and Praveen Vipranarayanan. Broadcasting in a wrapped butterfly network. In TechFiesta: PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2001. see http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/joshi01broadcasting.html.
- 10.S. Perennes. Lower bounds on broadcasting time of deBruijn networks. In 2nd Int. Euro-Par Conference, volume 1123 ofLecture notes in computer Science, pages 325–332. Springer-Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar