Overview of the Hybrid RANS Code TAU
A brief introduction is given which first describes the history of frame in which the TAU code was developed before explaining the main advantages which were the drivers for the selection of the approach. In the following an algorithmic overview describes shortly the code functionality before a section about the code design gives some more insight about the implementation and its scripting capability.
KeywordsMach Number Grid Generation Geometrical Complexity Regular Node Grid Adaptation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Kroll, C.C. Rossow, K. Becker and F. Thiele: MEGAFLOW — A Numerical Flow Simulation System, 21st ICAS Congress, Melbourne, paper 98-2-7.3, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Kroll, C.C. Rossow, D. Schwamborn, K. Becker and G. Heller: MEGAFLOW: A numerical flow simulation tool for transport aircraft design, 23rd ICAS Congress, Toronto, paper 2002-1.10.5, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.CentaurSoft, http://www.centaursoft.com/.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Gerhold, O. Friedrich, J. Evans and M. Galle: Calculation of Complex Three-Dimensional Configurations Employing the DLR TAU-Code, AIAA Paper 97-0167, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Alrutz: Hybrid Grid Adaptation in TAU, this volume.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Weinman: Turbulence Model Implementation in TAU, this volume.Google Scholar
- 9.http://www.python.org/.Google Scholar