Towards quantitative electron holography of electrostatic potentials in doped semiconductors
- 508 Downloads
Simulations of the electrostatic potential within thin Si samples containing an abrupt p-n junction have been compared with experimental measurements obtained using off-axis electron holography from samples prepared using focused ion beam milling. In order to obtain agreement between the simulated and experimental potential profiles, a layer of altered dopant concentration is introduced at the specimen surface.
KeywordsDopant Concentration Electrostatic Potential Sample Thickness Convergent Beam Electron Diffraction Depletion Width
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Langtangen H P 2003 Computational Partial Differential Equations (London, Springer) ch 3Google Scholar
- Lűth H 2001 Solid Surface, Interfaces and thin films, (Heidelberg, Springer) p 349Google Scholar
- Somodi P K, Dunin-Borkowski R E, Twitchett A C, Barnes C H W and Midgley P A 2004 Proc. XIII Eur. Congr. Microsc. II, p 387Google Scholar
- Sze S M 2002 Semiconductor Devices (Singapore, Wiley) ch 4Google Scholar
- Völkl E, Allard L F and Joy D C 1998 Introduction to Electron Holography (New York, Kluwer Academic/ Plenum Publishers)Google Scholar