Strain relaxation and void reduction in SiC on Si by Ge predeposition
- 521 Downloads
In this work, 120 nm cubic SiC layers have been grown on Si (111) by SSMBE, depositing 1ML of Ge at different temperatures before carbonization. In every case, SiC was epitaxially grown on Si (111) showing characteristic defects and more relaxation than a reference sample where Ge was not employed. Depending on the temperature of Ge predeposition, a reduction of voids or stacking faults was achieved. The residual strain depended on this temperature, as was confirmed by electron diffraction and infrared ellipsometry measurements.
KeywordsResidual Stress Residual Strain SAED Pattern Mosaic Structure Void Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Camassel J 1998 J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B16,1648Google Scholar
- Chassagne T, Ferro G, Haas H, Leycuras A, Mank H and Monteil Y 2004 Mater. Sci. Forum 457, 265Google Scholar
- Di Ciocci L, Letertre F, Le Tiec Y, Papon A M, Jassaud C and Bruel M 1997 Mater. Sci. Eng. B46, 349Google Scholar
- Gmelins Handbuch der Anorganischen Chemie 1959, Silicium, Part B, Weinheim, Verlag ChemieGoogle Scholar
- Kaiser U, Chuvilin A, Brown P D and Richter W 1999 Microsc. Microanal. 5, 420Google Scholar
- Masri P, Moreaud N, Averous M, Stauden Th, Wöhner T and Pezoldt J 1999 MRS Symp. Proc. 572, 213Google Scholar
- Mitchel S, Spencer M G and Wongtchotigul K 1998 Mater. Sci. Forum 264. 231Google Scholar
- Morales F M, Molina S I, Araújo D, Cimalla V and Pezoldt J 2003 Mater. Sci. Forum 433, 285Google Scholar
- Morales F M, Zgheib Ch, Molina S I, Araújo D, García R, Fernández C, Sanz-Hervás A, Masri P, Weih P, Stauden Th, Cimalla V, Ambacher O and Pezoldt J 2004 phys. stat. sol. cl, 341Google Scholar
- Okhysen M E, Mazzola M S and Lo Y H 2000 Mater. Sci. Forum 338, 305Google Scholar