Production System Modelling for the Evaluation of the Degree of Reconfigurability
- 2k Downloads
As we adopt new manufacturing concepts, such as Reconfigurable Manufacturing Systems (RMSes), we must also ask where it is best to use them and how best to use them. Accordingly, we must adapt our design, modelling, and measurement techniques.
KeywordsFunctional Unit Flexible Manufacture System Rotational Motor Universal Joint Triangle Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jovane, F., Koren, Y. Boer, C.R., 2004, “Present and future of flexible automation: towards new paradigms”, Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 53/2/2004.Google Scholar
- Dorf, R.C., Kusiak, A., (eds.), 1994, “Handbook of Design, Manufacturing and Automation”.Google Scholar
- Koren, Y., Heisel, U., Jovane, F., Moriwaki, T., Pritschow, G., Ulsoy, G., Van Brussel, H., 1999, “Reconfigurable Manufacturing Systems”, Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 48/2/1999.Google Scholar
- Landers, R.G., 2000, “A New Paradigm in Machine Tools: Reconfigurable Machine Tools”, Proc. of the Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, July 23–26, Ann Arbor, MI.Google Scholar
- Urbani, A., Molinari Tosatti, L., Pedrazzoli, P., Fassi, I., Boër, C.R., “Flexibility and Reconfigurability: an Analytical approach and Some Examples”, Proc. lst CIRP International Conference on Agile, Reconfigurable Manufacturing, May 21–22, 2001, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.Google Scholar
- Negri, S. P., “Analysis and Design of a Reconfigurable Machine for Assembly Operations”, RAAD 2001 – 10th International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe Adria-Danube Region Wien, 2001.Google Scholar
- Jovane, F., Negri, S. P., Fassi, I., Molinari Tosatti, L., 2002, “Design Issues for Reconfigurable PKMs”, Parallel Kiematics Seminar, PKS 2002, Chemnitz, April 23–25.Google Scholar
- Negri, S.P., Molinari Tosatti, L., Fassi, I., 2002, “Improvement and Optimization of a Reconfigurable Parallel Kinematic Machine”, Proc. of the Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automaton, July 17–22, Hiroshima, Japan.Google Scholar
- Urbani, A., 2001, “Riconfigurabilità dei sistemi produttivi: contributo alla definizione e sviluppo di strumenti per la sua misura nei sistemi di lavorazione”, Master Thesis in Industrial Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.Google Scholar