Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (NTRIP)
Within the framework of EUREF, the Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy (BKG) has developed a new technique using the open Internet for the real-time collection and exchange of GNSS data, as well as for broadcasting derived products. A major purpose of these activities is the dissemination of Differential GPS corrections (DGPS) for precise positioning and navigation. This paper describes the http-based technique for streaming GNSS data to mobile users connected to the Internet via Mobile IP-Networks like GSM, GPRS, EDGE, or UMTS. The technique establishes a format called Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (Ntrip).
KeywordsDifferential GPS Internet Real-Time Positioning Navigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- EUREF-IP Real-Time Project http://www.epncb.oma.be/projects/euref_IP/euref_IP.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Distribution Maps of Real-Time GNSS DataGoogle Scholar
- Availability in Europe http://igs.ifag.de/rootftp/misc/ntrip/mapsGoogle Scholar
- Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (Ntrip), Documentation http://igs.ifag.de/root_ftp/software/NtripDocumentation.zipGoogle Scholar
- Ntrip Software Downloads http://igs.ifag.de/ntripdown.htmGoogle Scholar
- EUREF-IP Ntrip Broadcaster http://igs.ifag.de/indexntrip_cast.htmGoogle Scholar
- Notice Advisory to Broadcaster Users (NABU) http://igs.ifag.de/root ftp/misc/ntrip/nabuGoogle Scholar